|Opening Activity||Learners will explore why moon appears different on different days and the various phases of the moon.||To understand the factors that contribute to the moon's changing appearance.|
|Main Activity||Learners will train a machine to recognize the difference between moon phases by using Teachable Machines and Google Autodraw.|| |
|Closing Activity||Learners will reflect on the capabilities of a machine in detecting image differences.|| |
- Recognize and label the different moon phases.
- Explain the reasons behind the occurrence of moon phases.
- Train a machine to recognize the different moon phases by using image detection.
- Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of machines.
- Identify the different moon phases.
- Understand the principles that govern the occurrence of these moon phases.
- Apply Machine Learning prinicples to train a system in recognizing and differentiating between various moon phases.
- Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of machine learning in the context of image recognition, fostering analytical thinking in assessing technology's role in scientific understanding.
- Familiarity with fundamental astronomical concepts, such as the Earth's rotation, orbit, and the lunar cycle.
- Like all lessons on Eddy, this lesson follows a specific approach. If this is your first time implementing an Eddy lesson, check out our 'How to set up an Eddy Classroom' for more information.
- Prepare for necessary technology/hardware in advance.
- Devices (tablets/laptops/chromebooks/computers) for each learner.
- A stable wifi connection.
- Access to Google Teachable Machines on each device.
- Access to Google Autodraw on each device.