- Understanding unit fractions
- Use different shapes to compare the fractions from one another.
- Understanding the role of denominator in unit fraction.
- Learners will understand the basics of units and like fractions.
- Solve the basic problem based on like and unit fractions
- Compare the like and unit fractions based on their denominator
- Understand the difference between bigger and smaller fraction.
Lesson Stages and Duration
Notes for the Facilitator
This lesson plan focuses on hands-on maker activities for understanding that bigger the denominator the smaller the proportion for units and like fractions.
For Facilitating this lesson:
List of Resources and Materials
Resources for introducing the topic
For introduction to Fraction:
List of Materials
For Hands-on Activity
|Fraction Circle Template || |