This lesson will introduce 3rd grade learners to fascinating online globe and mapping tools, from which you can learn about diversity across biomes and cities and measure how a river has shaped over time. In addition, using online globes and maps in classrooms can help visualize abstract concepts across a global canvas, allowing learners to connect with the idea of what they learn inside to what they experience in their daily lives, community, and the larger world.
Learners will explore different kinds of landforms across the globe.
Learners will design a prototype of different kinds of landforms across the globe.
Learners will present their landform prototype, and reflect on the outcomes with their peers.
Learners should be able to:
- Identify different continents across the globe.
- Understand the meaning of different kinds of landforms.
- Identify different continents across the world.
- Construct knowledge of different kinds of landforms on earth such as valleys, mountains etc.
- Design and create a landform prototype.
- Share your doughscapes with the classroom.
Learners will be able to:
- Get familiar with the different continents across the world.
- Build knowledge about different types of landforms on the earth.
- Implement their understanding of landforms and create a prototype.
- Share their prototype with peers and get inspired via Doughscapes walk in the classroom.
- Like all lessons on Eddy, this lesson follows a certain approach. If this is your first time implementing an Eddy lesson, check out our lesson approach for more information.
- Prepare necessary logistics in advance.
- Printouts of student handout - one per team
- Printouts of Presentation template - one per team
- White sheets, black markers and scissors.
- Prepare necessary technology/hardware in advance
- Devices (tablets/laptops/Chromebooks/computers) - one per team
- A stable wifi connection.
- Access to Google Earth on each device.