With this lesson, learners will explore the critical global challenges that need our attention for a better and more sustainable world. As we delve into the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), learners will have the opportunity to not only learn about these goals but also actively engage in research, creativity, and problem-solving.
Learners will think of the global issues that must be addressed to make the world better and more sustainable.
Learners will choose any two Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and design an infographic using Piktochart, which will contain research with regard to the goal as well as strategies to achieve it.
Learners will identify obstacles and challenges in the way of achieving the chosen sustainable development goals and present it in the same infographic.
Learners should be able to
- Identify global challenges, such as poverty, inequality, climate change, etc.
- Understand how to conduct basic research, gather information from various sources, and evaluate the reliability of sources.
- Define the concept of sustainable development goals (SDGs) as outlined by the United Nations.
- Explain the significance of SDGs in addressing global issues.
- Utilize research skills to gather information about two specific SDGs and ideate strategies associated with achieving them.
- Design a well-organized infographic that presents the strategies for achieving the chosen SDGs.
At the end of the lesson, learners will be able to
- Recall the definition of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their purpose as outlined by the United Nations.
- Summarize the importance of SDGs in tackling global challenges.
- Utilize research skills to collect information about two specific SDGs and generate strategies to accomplish them.
- Evaluate the challenges that hinder the attainment of SDGs.
- Design an infographic to present relevant information visually.
- Teaching Deck
- Video Tutorial for Piktochart
- Like all lessons on Eddy, this lesson follows a specific approach. If this is your first time implementing an Eddy lesson, check out our 'How to set up an Eddy Classroom' for more information.
- Prepare for necessary technology/hardware in advance.
- Devices (tablets/laptops/chromebooks/computers) for each learner.
- A stable wifi connection.
- Access to Piktochart on each device.