- Learning symbolism with the help of art and creativity.
- Creating a symbolic festival mask.
- Developing visual inquiry skills to explore their surroundings with the help of art.
- Students will understand and identify symbolism in their culture
- Students will be able to draw connections between art and symbolism.
- Students will create festival masks taking inspiration from their cultural food, color, and decoration.
Lesson Stages and Duration
Notes for the Facilitator
This lesson plan focuses on hands-on maker activities for understanding Symbolism via art.
For Facilitating this lesson:
List of Resources and Materials
Resources for introducing the topic
For introduction to Symbolism:
List of Materials
For Hands-on Activity