Learners will dive into shapes, lines, and angles using Pencil Code in this geometry lesson. Through interactive coding activities using Pencil Code, they'll create geometric patterns and grasp concepts like lines and angles. By the end, students will have a creative understanding of basic geometry.
Learners will engage with a tangram puzzle. This classic puzzle consists of seven pieces that can be rearranged to form various shapes and figures.
Learners will utilize Pencil Code to craft shapes and artistic creations. Through guided coding exercises, students will transform abstract geometric concepts into tangible digital art, fostering a practical understanding of geometry.
Learners will showcase their creations to their peers. Learners will celebrate their artistic and geometric achievements through this interactive sharing session.
- Basic understanding of shapes such as squares and triangles.
- Introduce basic concepts of geometry.
- Create an art using Pencil code.
Learners will be able to:
- Recognize and define fundamental geometric elements like lines, line segments, rays, and angles.
- Identify common attributes shared by shapes from different categories.
- Understand how these shared attributes can define larger shape categories, such as recognizing that quadrilaterals have four sides.
- Differentiate between subcategories within the broader category of quadrilaterals, including shapes like rhombuses, rectangles, and squares.
Tech tutorial Video
- Like all lessons on Eddy, this lesson follows a certain approach. If this is your first time implementing an Eddy lesson, check out our lesson approach for more information.
- Prepare necessary technology/hardware in advance
- Devices (tablets/laptops/Chromebooks/computers) - one per team
- A stable wifi connection.
- Access to https://pencilcode.net/ on each device.